Grow your Gas business this Winter
Nov 9, 2016, 11:33 AM
User Not Found
As we hit the colder winter months, you won’t be alone if you find a slow-down in work coming through the door. In the run-up to Christmas, many people will be counting the pennies and splashing out less on home improvements – but this could end up costing them more in the long run if they leave a faulty boiler undetected!
One thing many homeowners don’t take into account is the repercussions of an increasing need to use heating and gas appliances at this time of year, and we don’t mean just a rise in bills! Those turning on heating for the first time in a while might uncover a problem that they didn’t know about.
Scott Darroch from Gas Safe Register told us “It’s amazing how many homeowners are at risk unbeknownst to them from faulty gas appliances. Gas engineers play a pivotal role in bringing an end to this and spreading the gas safety message to consumers”.
Educating your customers can help them to spot problems before the colder months set in, when they will really need to rely on things working properly. It’ll also show your customers that you’re a professional and care about their well-being, which means they’re more likely to stick with you for the future.
Here’s a few quick tips you can pass on to your customers that will help their comfort in the home:
- Regularly check gas appliances to ensure they are working efficiently
- Occasionally turn on the heating (no matter what time of year!) to test everything’s working as it should
- Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm in the property – Carbon Monoxide poisoning is a silent killer
- Check for any signs of built up condensation as this could mean an appliance is faulty.
- Ensure anyone carrying out gas repairs or servicing has a Gas Safe Register ID card
- Get a professional to service your gas appliances at least once a year
TrustMark are working with Gas Safe Register to improve the support available for Gas engineers. If you’re interested in improving your visibility to consumers and growing your gas business, or simply taking advantage of the free benefits on offer to you, visit www.trustmark.org.uk/benefits.