Double glazing business, Clearview PVCu, has become the first window installer in Scotland to achieve the new TrustMark Trading Standards Approved accreditation.
TrustMark, the only Government-endorsed ‘find a tradesperson’ scheme in the UK is working with Buckinghamshire & Surrey Trading Standards as their primary authority partner to deliver this national scheme and carry out all of the necessary checks.
Prior to achieving this high accolade, Clearview PVCu applied to become TrustMark registered and successfully completed the Intelligence Checks and DBS Checks. By passing these safeguards, the business was then accredited with Trading Standards Approved status.
With no official schemes in Scotland to govern the glass and glazing industry, it was more important than ever for Clearview PVCu to have the TrustMark ‘Trading Standards Approved’ logo so potential customers would know that they are employing a reputable, reliable firm that has not only been vetted by a TrustMark Scheme Operator, the Glass and Glazing Federation, but also checked directly by Trading Standards.
Founded 15 years ago, Lawrence Muirhead, business owner, believes that: “in our competitive market it is essential that we provide top quality products and service for our customers. We pride ourselves on great products, fantastic prices and skilled installations so it is really valuable to have top level endorsements from the industry experts as it reflects our expertise and gives us further credibility.
“These days homeowners are now seeking higher levels of service and they now look for expertise from their tradespeople. Our customers will gain confidence and peace of mind knowing that our firm has been approved to use the Trading Standards Approved badge and we have all the right checks in place. We are extremely proud to have attained the Trading Standards Approved status as it gives us greater exposure and our customers greater choice.”
Simon Ayers, Chief Executive of TrustMark adds “Clearview PVCu are displaying exemplary behaviour of which both consumers and competitors will take note. Firms not only need to find means of differentiating themselves, but also demonstrating that they are delivering the very best standards in the business, with a clean track record. Our job at TrustMark is to protect both consumers and our firms from being the victims of rogue traders or undeserved stereotypes respectively, and this scheme highlights a way of making better informed decisions”.
TrustMark was set up by Government in 2005 to provide a safeguard for consumers when finding contractors to carry out home improvements. All TrustMark tradespeople commit to working to Government-endorsed standards of workmanship and must undergo on-site inspections by a qualified inspector. It is the only ‘find a tradesperson’ scheme in the UK to cover all three cornerstones of quality: good customer service, good trading practices and technical competence.
Clearview PVCu is just one of the many TrustMark firms that is already reaping the benefits of being Trading Standards Approved. To find out how you can also join the scheme, visit https://www.trustmark.org.uk/trading-standards or email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0333 555 0352.
To find a list of TrustMark registered tradespeople in Aberdeenshire and surrounding areas enter your postcode and service required into the free to use website search www.trustmark.org.uk
For further information and to stay up-to-date with developments at TrustMark, visit www.trustmark.org.uk.
Issued on behalf of TrustMark - For further information or photos, please contact:
Louise Cook, Tel: 0333 555 0339, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- TrustMark is not an advertising directory or a website that sells leads. It is a registered social enterprise, operated under licence from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). As a not-for-profit organisation it does not make money from consumers.
- TrustMark’s website has an easy to use UK wide postcode search facility, which provides details of more than 21,000 licensed trades and has the largest database of accredited tradespeople in the country.
- All TrustMark firms’ technical skills have been independently checked through on-site inspections to ensure a high quality of workmanship and trading practices. TrustMark is the only scheme that requires qualified inspectors to do these visits, so that technical competence is checked as well as business practices and customer satisfaction.
- TrustMark firms make a commitment to work to Government endorsed standards and are able to offer insurance backed warranties and deposit protection, as well as operating a user-friendly complaints procedure.
About Buckinghamshire & Surrey Trading Standards
- Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards are in a formal Primary Authority Partnership with TrustMark; through this they provide “assured advice” and information to support TrustMark registered firms, have agreed the standards for Trading Standards Approved accreditation and audit and monitor the operation and performance of the scheme and its members.
- Buckinghamshire and Surrey operate a joint trading standards service. You can see the variety of work carried out by Buckinghamshire and Surrey Trading Standards on our website www.bucksandsurreytradingstandards.gov.uk.