A new collaboration has been announced today between Resi, the UK’s leading architectural practice, and TrustMark, the Government Endorsed Quality Scheme for tradespeople, with the objective of improving the quality of tradespeople carrying out improvement works in consumer’s homes.
Resi, which brings all the architectural services needed to get ready to build, will now only advocate TrustMark firms to its customers when they are ready to start their home design projects, giving them greater confidence that the work will be carried out by reputable tradespeople that have been vetted for technical competence, trading practices and customer service.
From now on, all new Resi recommended contractors will be part of the TrustMark scheme and when customers are ready to start the tendering process, the team will source a selection of TrustMark builders local to their area and based on availability, skills and budget.
Simon Ayers, Chief Executive Officer of TrustMark, says: “This collaboration with Resi will not only help homeowners to make more informed decisions when hiring tradespeople to improve their homes, but it will also raise the standard of workmanship in these properties. We hope that more consumers understand the importance of only using quality and reputable firms to help protect their most valuable asset! TrustMark’s relationship with Resi is based on shared values around quality and professionalism and together we are working to drive up standards across our industry.”
Alex Depledge, CEO of Resi, added: ‘Finding a reliable builder is a huge issue for homeowners, but equally, the lack of accreditation and regulation within the industry, is an issue for many builders themselves. They don’t want to be working under the shadow of being perceived as cowboys. Here at Resi, we want both sides to feel secure about the process, so our new collaboration with TrustMark is a huge step forwards.’
For further information about TrustMark, visit www.trustmark.org.uk. For further information about RESI, visit www.resi.co.uk
Issued on behalf of TrustMark – For further information, logo or images, please contact: Georgina Watkins (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07595 158460) or Laura Bean (email@example.com / 07487 681581).
Notes to Editors
- TrustMark is the Government Endorsed Quality Scheme covering work a consumer chooses to have carried out in or around their home. When a consumer uses a TrustMark Registered Business, they know they are engaging an organisation that has been thoroughly vetted to meet required standards and has made a considerable commitment to good customer service, technical competence and trading practices.
- By ensuring all Registered Business adhere to and maintain these standards through our expert network of Scheme Providers TrustMark gives consumers increased confidence and choice. Additionally, in the event that a problem does arise, TrustMark offers a range of remedies to give further protection to consumers.
- Resi is the largest residential architectural practice in the UK. We operate nationwide and do things a bit differently. Founded by Alex Depledge and Jules Coleman - two of the UK’s leading female tech entrepreneurs - we use a digital platform to project manage developments.
- From design, surveys, planning, building regs, all the way to finding a contractor, it’s our goal to make renovating your home as simple as possible. Our unique platform helps homeowners keep key information in one place - no more lost pieces of paper!
- Our fixed cost, competitive packages mean we offer complete transparency at every stage of the process. Increasing numbers of homeowners are seeing the benefits of the Resi approach and we’re growing fast. You can learn more through our website: https://resi.co.uk/