All TrustMark Registered Businesses are required to give their customers the option to purchase insurance protection.

The insurance will cover you against certain risks if the business was to cease trading for any reason.  The insurances on offer may vary slightly from business to business, depending on their Scheme Provider – but whichever insurance is on offer, it must cover the following:





Work in progress 


2 year post completion of workmanship as a minimum


Rectification of defects or major damage 


Non-compliance with Building Regulations 



The insurance cover must be designed for individual, private homeowners and covers work valued over £500. This summarises the basic minimum requirements TrustMark specifies, rather than being a comprehensive cover. In reality, many Registered Businesses will have the ability to offer you a more comprehensive cover, so make sure you request full details from their insurance provider.